Today, my life feels like a rubics cube spun out of control and finally put back into place. Yes, today I got re-fingerprinted!
Yes, I am not feeling "zen-like".
This is why:
We arrived, found parking (miracle), walked to the USCIS fingerprinting office to discover a ridiculously long line of people.
First, Urgh!
Then we are yelled at, talked down to, and lined up like cattle, for the fingerprint letter review.
What the hell is that about?
Second, Urgh!
Then we go in and are seated like little, little, children, yelled at again. Given mixed instructions.
The gentleman in charge who felt he was the King of this USCIS castle then stated that if you had a name change you must produce a marriage certificate or passport. If you have neither you are WASTING your time and can leave!
Third, Urgh!
Fourth, Urgh!
I can't breath! I am beyond myself already and it is only 8:10 in the morning. Mike watches as I get up and start for the door. The King then asks me where I am going and I look at him and state:
"I do not have a marriage certificate with me, I do not have my passport, I am beyond frustration, I'm going home."
The King then stated "Let me see your letter"
I show it to the King.
And by the King's order he then stated "You may stay, these rules do not apply to adoption petitions."
Well do you think the King could have said that before my stomach started doing flim flams and my head started to explode from aggravation, and maybe before Mike aggravated the crap out of me!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!
We were called shortly later, finger-printed, and sent out of the castle.
All in less than an hour.
Even before the meter expired.
I am desperately trying to feel "Zen-like".
How long do you think it will take for the headache to go away ?
I am now going to practice my Yoga Meditation DVD.....
HUMMMMMM HUMMMMMMM HUMMMMMMM












1 comment:
Good grief! I hope we don't encounter such a self-important idiot when we go for fingerprinting! I'm so glad you were "allowed" to stay and that the process turned out to be relatively quick. Sheesh!
Post a Comment