Friday, November 21, 2008

Secret Makeover, secret pals, forever friends

As we get ready for Thanksgiving I am reminded for all of things I am grateful for. At the top of my list are family, friends, good health, and our almost over, has to be close, wait to referral. I'd like to focus more on the friends I have made during the process.

Over the past three years, yes three years, I have been fortunate to be a part of something bigger than me, a community of waiting families, some who are now forever families, and some who are again waiting families. During that time, I swapped gifts, little tidbits of conversation, support, emails, and phone numbers. What I have learned from them has hopefully made me a better person. I know it has made me a stronger person for sure. I am now a lifelong member of a community that never turns its back on you, never looks the other way, and goes above and beyond in everything they do. I was the secret pal for two special ladies, both of whom are home with their little ones. I also sent secret pal gifts to two special ladies, one who is also home with her little one. I am thankful that we are not all waiting. I am grateful that I have been blessed with great friendships. Life does go on and yet I am fortunate enough to call all of them friends. It does not matter how much time has passed, I know if I email or even call they will all answer because that is what friends do.

I have also been lucky to have made friendships with several great ladies thru Families with Children from China. We get together when we can. It seems that when we do it is always at the right moment in time when one or all of us needs it. A lot has happened during this time, our families have changed, evolved. We have experienced joy and loss and our bond has been strengthened by what each and every one of has been through. Tomorrow I will get together with them for lunch and I can't wait!

I owe my beautiful blog designs to Kim of BB Blog Designs. I was Kim's secret pal and although secret pals stopped more than a year ago, she continues to surprise me. She doesn't have to....She does it because she wants to...because she has a warm heart and a generous nature.

The last few months have been really tough as the wait continues to drag and yet on a day like today I can't help but grateful for the little things...secret surprises..from friends who remind me why friendship is so important.

Hoping each and everyone of you has a chance to read this...thank you my friends!

No comments: