Sunday, April 13, 2008

It feels like forever....

It feels like months since I last posted. It really hasn't been that long but if feels like it. Where have been? Stuck behind my laptop working on the teacher training course. It has been a very intense two weeks. Tonight I got a break because I got ahead with my assignments so I have a little breathing room. What will I do with all of this free time?

Well I made a shopping list

I ironed all my clothes ahead of time

I made lunch for tomorrow

I had a glass of wine...............BIG!

I read my emails....................BIG!

I might get to work on my scrap booking swap.....might...

I may go to sleep early.............BIG!

I may rest my tired eyes............UNLIKELY!

I read PEOPLE magazine..............I NEVER DO THIS!

I glanced at the Rumor Queen site...HARD TO BELIEVE!

Wow! I forgot what happens when you start going to school. It is like learning to ride a bicycle all over again.

I have one more day to this class and then I start another two week, even more intense, training course. I was hoping for a week break but it doesn't look like thats going to happen. I'll find out tomorrow.

What did I miss?

My 25th month LID-versary! Good riddance!

The referral cut-off date of January 9th. Are you kidding me! What does that mean for us. It may have just ruined any chance of us receiving a referral by Christmas, we are still have 56 Log-In-Dates ahead of us.

If they refer 5 LID's a month we are looking at the least another 11 months or next March, possibly April

If they refer 6 LID's a month we are looking at the least another 9 months or next January, possibly February

If they refer 7 LID's a month we are looking at another 8 months, DECEMBER

Again we just don't know, anything is possible. The CCAA could refer more dates, less dates, and stop all together during the Olympics. There is one thing I do know for sure, I do not want to have to do the PAPERWORK again. Keep your fingers crossed for us, I know I have everything crossed!

I also missed having the chance to visit this sweety!





I did attend a Waiting Families Meeting with my local FCC. It was a little disappointing to see that many families were unable to make it. It was great seeing my favorite waiting moms Sue and Pat who I have known since I first started going to the meetings. I think it is just really hard to get families motivated when the...

wait...

is...

so long...

Enough of that. I will not go back to that dark place. I am in a good place and I intend to stay there.

I am actually grateful for the distraction. On the plus side I was evaluated at work and did far better than I expected.
I got a raise that will allow me to buy a few more coffees at Dunkin Donuts. Now that is progress!!!! (Yes, I am serious and Yes, I am being sarcastic!)

Next week I am going to visit my little sweety and help her to sing Happy Birthday to her Grandma. Now that is something to look forward too!

No comments: