The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before January 31, 2006.
What does this mean for us?
There are 34 Log-in dates ahead of us.
If the CCAA refers:
5 days a referral batch: We may receive a referral in 7 months or March 2009
6 days a referral batch: We may receive a referral in 6 months or February 2009
7 days a referral batch: We may receive a referral in 5 months or January 2009
The CCAA was closed during the early part of February 2006 for Chinese New Year so technically we may have less Log-in dates ahead of us. This may move us up an additional month but there is no way to know for sure. My agency has only three Log-in dates for February (15th, 16th and 28th).
March overall is a whole new ballgame. It is a huge month.
If you are a numbers person you know that statistics are fluid in adoption polls and not extremely accurate. Polls do not take into account those who accidentally voted twice, mistakenly voted with the wrong Log-in date, left the China program, and/or do not surf the Internet at all. But the numbers do help to somewhat project where our referral might fall. For the most part China had been referring in the area of 100 families a month.
If you go by the most recent poll I participated in there are around 474 families logged-in from February 1st (including mine) up to March 7, 2006. If China did refer 100 families than I am looking at a referral in January. If China refers 80-90 families a month than I am looking at February and so on. I wish I had a Crystal ball to tell me when but at least I know that even at a slow pace I am looking at the beginning of next year. After almost 2 1/2 years I'll take it!
More on our trip to California in the next post!
PS: Thanks to Here Comes the Prince for letting me know that referrals came out while on vacation. It was nice to know that January is DONE!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
I dont even know what to say to you to help you cope with this long long wait.. I know everyone says "it was worth the wait once they get that referral picture".. but I know that doesnt really help.. Hang in there my friend !! LOVE your new blog look !!
Vicky
Post a Comment