Sunday, August 03, 2008

Random thoughts and ramblings...friends everywhere

Time!

Wow!

I have time!

Time to write!

for a few minutes, anyway.

Where have I been. Everywhere and nowhere. We were away for a week and then I needed to catch up. I caught up and then we weren't home. Then I needed to catch up again. Then we were out again. I think that is the way the summer is supposed to be? Isn't it?

I have been taking long walks with my sweetheart and taking them at different places. It is alot of fun to not really know where you are (it was still safe) and walk yourself into these really nice long DEAD end streets or STEEP hills or RAIN! Beter yet to have folks ask you questions about garbage pick-up and you haven't a clue because you DON'T live there.

After these nice walks you go home to hear from your sweetheart that his FEET hurt and then you wait patiently for them to HEAL so you can go for a really nice long walk AGAIN! In-between you read books, WEED, read books, grade papers, have a nice glass of wine or two, drink lots of coffee so you can CATCH up and then if you are lucky go to sleep!

It does feel good to finally be able to write for myself for a change!


On Friday , I had a three friend day, Three FRIEND day! I haven't had more than a friend day in months so imagine my surprise at having a three friend day.

The day started out fine, I ran a few errands and met my girlfriend for lunch after taking a nice long walk with Mike. During our walk we took pictures with a new digital camera we picked up the other day. Mike wanted me to get in a picture and I just wanted to play with the camera. Lucky for me I forgot to put the new memory card in and had no space left for people photos.






My friend is going thru a rough time as she is stuck in a major SNAFU. She is currently in the middle of a concurrent adoption and her referral is being questioned. She doesn't have alot of time as the country is closing. It makes my heart ache that she is going thru such a difficult time. She is so deserving of a family and I pray it all works out for her. After a lunch or during depending on who was talking we conducted out annual B@@@@fest to celebrate the wait. I vented, she vented, and we had a few laughs and a few more laughs with promises to meet again for a funfest!

Then I caught up with another girlfriend who lives closeby and proceeded to listen to her B@@@@fest ( I thougbht I had just left one.), shared some really good laughs at someone else's expense I might add and went home.

When I got home I was thinking about my Atlanta Braves friend and gave her a call. Lucky for me she was home, unlucky for us both we talked for three hours! It doesn't seem to matter how much time has passed when you get together with friends what does matter is the quality of time spent. I still owe time to some very special friends and I promise to try and make up for lost time soon.

On a sad note a childhood friend was recently diagnosed with stage three breast cancer. We grew up together and until she went to her high school we were almost inseperable. I hurt for her and pray every night that she will beat it. She has a daughter who is the age of my oldest niece and friends with her. My brother and her brother are best friends. There is so much history and I want that history to grow and blossom. I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know a mom in blogland thru her battle with breast cancer and I can only hope to pass on some of her wisdom to my friend. Please keep her in your prayers.

Happy news belongs to my bestfriend who is due in December. I can't wait to welcome her new child. In a way its how God works. We stated the adoption process and soon after she was blessed with her daughter. We had hoped to have children close in age and once again it will be possible. Her older brother welcomed his first child this week so miracles abound!

On the adoption front I spoke with my agency about renewing my adoption paperwork and was told that I can submit a one-time FREE extension! Ha! Everything you have to do to get the extension is NOT free! I am also waiting to hear back from my social worker and I am hoping the process will be a smooth one. The good news is our agency rep told us she anticipates that we will receive our referral in January of 2009 and considering how long the wait has been, five months, just feels like a hop, skip, and a jump away. I actually peeked at all the wonderful baby items we have stored away. That was something I had not allowed myself to do in a very long time.

Gotta go, eyelids are dropping and sleep is calling.....

No comments: