Wow! I can't believe that the last time I posted it was September. Where did the month go? Where have I been? What have I been doing?
I wish I could remember it all but it seems like such a blur. Yes, I am still suffering from insomnia. Going to sleep late and getting up early. I guess I am practicing for my role of sleep deprived mommy! Let's hope I don't practice too hard.
I am finally finished with my home study update, having met with my social worker last week. I was a little nervous after all she met my mom. As much as I love my mom and like my social worker I had no idea what would happen. I literally counted the seconds until I could get myself and my mom out of there. It really didn't go badly but who wants to take the chance when you are more than 3 years into the whole process. Yes, three years! We actually started the application process in September of 2005. Hard to believe isn't it. We have had our first Hep B shots and get the second round tomorrow. We still haven't had our tetanus or Hep A. I will be discussing the Tetanus shots tomorrow with my doctor.
Hopefully, I will be sending out our free renewal (FREE, yeah, right!)for the I-171H which gives us permission to bring our child into the US at the end of this week.
I missed our LID-versary again! 31 months on October 7th! Its not that I forget, I don't but somehow I just don't seem to have celebratory months each month. Some months I do and then I post. Some months I just want to be and I don't.
The CCAA did refer families up to February 15th and actually referred a few families with a Log-In-Date of February 16th. No rhyme or reason, they just did a few more. That leaves us with TWENTY Log-In-Dates. I can't even believe I can say the word TWENTY after all this time. Somehow I feel that it will really hit me when we get into the low teens.
It was rumored in my LID room on one of my boards that there is a slight possibility that 7 to 15 dates will be referred in the next batch. I'm gonna hold onto that thought but realistically I don't see it happening. I'm still leaning towards January or February. Anything earlier will be cake and a surprise.
I went out with a few friends from my Families with Children from China chapter and it was FUN! I forgot how long it has been since I could honestly say I had fun and didn't over think the wait. We laughed, shared stories, caught up and filled up on a yummy dinner and dessert. I then topped that off with our regular Waiting Families Meeting this past weekend. Double the fun for sure! Sue where is your blog??????
This past Sunday my niece was christened and I was reminded how lucky we are to be a part of God's family. It was wonderful to see her welcomed and to be a part of it.
This past month we also had nephew night. We had a movie marathon(Rated G, I swear!), ate popcorn, attempted to play JENGA, played TROUBLE until we just couldn't, couldn't pay anymore.
I also started taking Kripalu Yoga classes two weeks ago! I am really enjoying it. I'll talk more about it in a separate post.
I am still teaching online and finally had a chance tonight to catch up a little, although it is hard when both the Presidential Debate is on as well as the Phillies vs. Dodgers game. It is the ninth inning and the Phillies are winning. As soon as the Dodgers are up I will be going to watch it. Right now I am watching it online, clicking back and forth.
The biggest news of all. My best friend is going to have a little boy this December!!! I can't wait!
I know there is more to say but I just can't think of it and its that time!!!
I promise to post some photos of all the doings this past month as soon as I can.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
Had so much fun catching up, John and I love you and Mike!!!:)
Sue
PS My blog is at:
www.ourjourneyofhope.blogspot.com
Post a Comment