Wednesday, January 04, 2006

"One of a Kind"


Today we received our completed homestudy! Tomorrow I am off to have it certified by the Department of State and handed into USCIS. What a great feeling. After reading the homestudy I sat back and thought "Is that really Mike & I she is describing?" The homestudy portrayed us in such a positive way, it took me by surprise.

This week we had a cousin fly in from England on vacation. Our cousin Rachel stopped in New York on the way to Canada to spend New Year's Eve. We were lucky enough to meet her and her friend Pete in the city with Donna & the girls. We then traveled to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Both are truly "one of a kind". The photo was taken by Mike who basically laid at the feet of the Statue of Liberty to get this shot. Wasn't it worth it!

After leaving the Statue of Liberty we took the ferry to Ellis Island. There is alot of information on immigration to the United States. We traced Mike's grandfather from Italy on the ship vessel "Santa Anna" to the United States. We ran out of time but plan to go back to research the rest of the family.

The day was topped off with dinner at my Dad's. For Christmas we received a "one of a kind" glass Chinese Christmas ornament from Dad & Linda. No two ornaments are alike.

A unique day ended with a unique gift. I'd say thats pretty original:)

No comments: