Well, I survived the first week of twaddler school. The group is an interesting bunch. I was told I would have two year olds but I have NO two year olds yet! They will be two one day though :) Its been quite an adjustment from working with adults and elemenatary age children. At least when the kids babble its legitimate, they can't talk yet! Ha! It took a day or two to get comfortable but I think I'm almost there. I have two monsters who have to be occuppied constantly or else the day takes on a whole new twist! I have no back (bending), no energy (they sucked me dry), and a cold (from someone). Outside of that I'm good AND TIRED.
I have learned a few things:
1. Grunts, moans, whimpers, and whines usually mean I WANT SOMETHING but trying to figure out what that THING is can be time-consuming.
2. Twaddlers don't SHARE!
3. Twaddlers love physical contact (you push me, I push you! or I am pushing you because it is fun!)
4. Twaddlers are often frustrated by their inability to communicate which leads to grunts, moans, whimpers, whines, pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking, biting, crying, and the one thing that kills more than anything YELLING!
5. Twaddlers are really cute, unique little people who are not understood.
Its my job to understand them
I'm working on it!
But more importantly. TGIF!!!!
I have the whole weekend to get ready to do it AGAIN!!!! Its a good thing I'm going away for the weekend, I'll have even LESS time to get ready :)
Friday, September 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment