Monday, September 24, 2007

The true meaning of "hurling"


Today I was having a pretty good day work.

Looking forward to working on some painting with the kids.

On the way back to the classroom from the playground when a really special little one who was already attached to my hip waiting for someone to pick this special little one up and unable to control the inevitable hurled, hurled diced peaches, and some other unidentified food substance on me, my smock, little oneself and one other innocent little one bystander.

I have a split second to decide where to go, make the wrong move, and my little hurler, hurls again.

One big hurl to out-do the first hurl.

Hurling ingredients are now dripping off my arm, my smock, my pants, and my hurler onto the floor.

YUCK!

I felt really bad for my little hurler.

Cleaned and calmed my little hurler down, cleaned up the hurler mess, and LEFT!

Home to decontaminate myself of hurler ingredients.

Hopefully my little hurler is feeling better. I know I felt better after taking a shower and putting on some clean clothes. The rest of the day was GREAT! I got out early! Spent the evening with my sweetheart of a husband and kept my fingers crossed that I don't catch hurler germs.

How was your day?

1 comment:

Sue G said...

Hope both your "hurler" and you are A.O.K. Sounds like you're getting good practice :-)