Thursday, May 08, 2008

Mother's Day Part I

I will be writing about other special moms as we get closer too Mother's Day. I have split it into parts to help organize my thoughts and writing.

Tonight as I sit at my laptop I am reminded of all the wonderful adoptive mothers I am blessed to know. Their qualities are as unique as they are.

I'd like to write about a few of them tonight.

My Aunt who "back in the day" took the unorthodox step of adoption to form her family and who continues to live life her way all the way.

Judy who is a mom fighting cancer as I write. I have been following her blog since my friend Sheila wrote asking me to send prayers and good wishes her way. I have learned so much from her. She has an inner strength that comes across in her writing with such ease at the most difficult time of her life. She is so candid and honest, her emotions raw and true, that you can't not want to fight with her and for her.

Sheila is one of my first online turned real-life (Ha!) friends, secret pal sender of surprise gifts, who thru sheer determination and perseverance is the mother of a beautiful boy. Her journey to him often reminds me why I am here to begin with. Such a simple thing. The love for a child.

Kim and Cathy who are moms to two beautiful daughters Phoebe and Camie Ann from China, secret pals of mine, both are strong women who have also inspired me to hang in there with their emails of support and surprise inspirational mailings. Today is such a special day for them both. Happy Forever Family Day!

Karen who is awaiting her son from Vietnam as well as a daughter from China. Her journey is still in progress and I wait impatiently with her.

I could go on and on it is just so easy to do but sometimes less is more.

to be continued......

1 comment:

Trixie said...

You are too sweet. WE LOVE YOU TOO! After all you are the only sane/wise/marginally rational woman at your daycare. Hey our's is hiring :0 a director. Come down and bring your wisdom with you!! Hugs.