Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Part II

I had really hoped to have the courage to write more about Mother's Day before the day itself. Don't know why but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not that I couldn't find moms to write about, I could. Maybe it was the fact that after all these years I am still not a mom and that fact hurt. Hurt a little more this year than last.

I have been so blessed to have a Mom who loves me unconditionally and would do anything to make me happy if she could. We have grown more into friends over the years and for that I am truly happy.

I am blessed with a Step-Mom who has supported me more than 100 % during my journey, has taken an active interest in how I am doing, and has been there to talk to when I needed a helping ear and a really good cup of coffee.

I am blessed to have three sister in-laws who juggle life, work, and family the best way they know. They mother by example and I learn from them everyday.

I am blessed to have a sister who is more a best friend than sister who struggles to provide a rich nurturing environment for her two little girls at a time when work demands more and family requires more time than there is in a day. Who at the end of the day is more concerned with how you are doing than with herself. I hope to one day take all that she has taught me and pass that onto our child. I look up to her more than she could know.

I am blessed to have two best friends who even with their busy schedules take the time to check in on me. Two friends that I have known forever and who I can't wait to share honorary Auntdom with.

Not one day goes by that I don't know how truly lucky I am to know all of these wonderful women, wonderful Moms.

No comments: