Last Thursday, I met some of my favorite Waiting Moms as well as not Waiting Mom for dinner. We sat for over three hours and talked about life, waiting, preparing, and life again! What continues to amaze me is how easy it is. It is not forced, we are all comfortable in our own skin, and the conversation flows easily. We are all in different places of an adoption, however, that does not define our friendship. What started out as a common bond turned into the friendship that remains. I know that no matter where I am, I can always call one of the girls if I need them and they can call me. It just is.....
Friday, was a day spent in a place I'd rather not talk about, that just is....
Saturday, we celebrated March Birthdays! There are so many of us with March Birthdays. Jill starts us off, then me, then my Dad, then Mike and Elise. There are more birthdays and we will be celebrating a special 1st Birthday with my baby niece this weekend. I can't wait to see Miss Cutey-Pie!!!
It was a day full of laughter, a trip to the park for Miss Alyssa, nice chats with family as well as great food (Thanks Jilly and Linda!).
My Dad and his sweetheart, my stepmom, Linda, (see below photo) also surprised us with fabric and wishes for our "100 Good Wishes Quilt".
Just in time since I have yet to put it together. The wishes for our little one were so special, that if we weren't celebrating birthdays, it would have been one "Chick-filled teary-eyed" mess! At least I would have been. We had to pose for the occasion.
We had some serious "Othello" time and then some not so serious "Othello" time!
We then had total silliness!
We ended it with our traditional icing nose photo.
Hope you had a great weekend and are sending referral thoughts our way! We are keeping everything crossed that we hear something this week! Happy Monday!












No comments:
Post a Comment