Saturday, May 23, 2009

Catching my breath....kinda....

Wow!

Wow!

I'm a mom!

I think I spent almost all of the better or two totally sleep deprived days mesmerized by the photos of my baby girl. She is just so beautiful and every time I glance in the direction of her picture (which by the way are everywhere in my home), she takes my breath away. I now understand why the rest of my wait will be even more difficult.

Now I worry...

I worry about my baby girl (I just love saying my baby girl). Is she okay? Is she getting all that she needs? Does someone pick her up and console her when she cries, hug her close, and whisper sweet words of comfort?

I'm still digesting the overwhelming sense of responsibility of being a parent.

I am so distracted I put a tray of chicken in the oven and left the house. Now, I didn't turn the oven on...but still I left uncooked chicken in the oven...yuck!

Today, I drove in the opposite direction of where I was supposed to be going twice. (The day is still young).

I took my acceptance letter to UPS when I was supposed to go to FedEx. (Thank goodness, the salesman took pity and sent me on my correct way to FedEx).

Right now, I have butterflies in my stomach and can't think straight.

I am cooking chicken again, it is in the oven, with the oven on, and I'm not leaving the house so I guess that is progress.

I picked up a romper set to send in sweet girl's care package. I also pulled out a book she can chew on, and a baby album I need to fill with pictures of us, my family, and our cats.

Now that I have an idea of her size, I sorted all of the baby items I have into two categories...staying in baby's room and leaving baby's room.

I now realize that I have about four pieces of clothing in her approximate size and tons of clothing for NEXT year when she is a bit bigger.

I am making a list, going over a packing list I printed out, and will begin registering at BabiesRus tomorrow.

I glanced at the baby's room...sigh...there is so much to do.

But it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have done as much as I can do physically today.

Tonight will be for list making and scanning reviews for the big stuff I need to pick out tomorrow.

Thank you all for your kind words and secret surprises (like the bling bling pacifiers Karen gave me yesterday which cracked me up! I have to post a photo, they are too cute and to Kim for making over my blog to include baby girl).

I still can't believe it.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Sue G said...

So....how was the chicken???

((Hugs))
Sue

Valeri said...

I know exactly what you're going through! My life was a blur for the 5 months until we brought Jensen home. My mind was everywhere...all over the place! It's perfectly normal!!!!!!!! :)

Alyson and Ford said...

We didn't realize how bad the "wait" could be until the day after we got the referral. Torture!
Endure, enjoy and get ready! The joy and excitement keeps coming!
We are still thrilled every time I hug my little girl!

Alyzabeth's Mommy