Monday, May 25, 2009

Still no sleep....

Last night the goal was to go to sleep at 9 p.m.

I went to sleep at 1:35 a.m.

Tonight the goal is to go to sleep, not yet, its still early according to my newly functioning mommy brain. It is still in the development stage and it shows!

I just can't stop thinking about her. My sweet girl has overtaken my emotions physically and mentally.

I want to write my thoughts down but they just don't appear to be clear at the moment. I am hoping, hoping, to start my journal this week. I just need a little functioning alone time to do it. (Is it really gone forever...alone time?)

I did get a few things accomplished. Few being a relative term.

I have almost everything for Annie's care package. I will be sending two. The first care package will include items for Annie. I will be sending baby toys and clothes in the next one for the babies at the orphanage.

I emailed two friends who recently returned and asked a bunch of friends who have also adopted from China about what I should send and based on what they stated I feel pretty good about my choices. I will post about the contents tomorrow.

I bought a few items of clothing to take to China for Annie. Since she will probably be in-between I will be bringing a few 3-6 and a few 6-9 outfits.

I gardened and my plants thank me!

I took updated photos for the baby album I will be sending.

I joined a summer yoga class.

I called a few more people I should have already called. (Bad Mama!)

There is still so much to do but strangely I go between phases of all-out anxiety to calm. SCARY!

Tomorrow I will be seriously de-cluttering. After registering at Babies R Us yesterday I realized I have to make room for all things Annie PRONTO!

I also have to create storage space for the clothes and items that are too big for Annie right now which is another reason why I need to get a move on!

I have to return library books....who can read at a time like this?

I have to make an appointment for a travel consultation...like yesterday...

I did make time for fun today and enjoyed my day with my sweet boy.



I also made sure that sweet girl was displayed in her proper place before all others



and last but not least the famous "Bling" pacifiers.



Off to create my shopping list and then....well who knows...

Photobucket

2 comments:

SARA said...

Congrats on your referral!!!
I too boughth some of those really cute bling paci's and no matter how hard I tried to make my daughter like them, it didn't work!
so sad!
(others are telling me that isn't really a bad thing!! I guess maybe they are right, but I just wanted to see those cute little paci's stuck in her mouth!!!)

If they don't work for her, try a taggie blanket. My daughter won't have anything to do with a paci but loves her taggie blanket!

Molly Pina said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can just read the excitement and joy in your posts. It has brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe the time is here!!
Molly
www.allisonpina.com