Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Where do you begin to say thank you.....

This past month has been marked with milestones (one year LID) and loss. I don't even know where to begin. My father in-law was one of the kindest men I have ever met. Loyal to a fault. Family always came first. He took me as if I were his own. In the last nine months he displayed a courage I did not know even existed. His loss is immeasurable although his spirit is present in us all. I am thankful for him and for the time I had with him. He is at peace with his parents, family, and God. I will miss him more than words can say. Life is for the living and it is his vitality that will move us forward.

I wish I had told him this "You were the best Dad and I am lucky to be married to your son the mirror image of you. Thank you Dad. " I think it would have made him smile:)

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Just sending you a hug - damp eyed from reading this post. God bless you and Mike for watching over him so well these last few months. He was lucky too.