Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The bugs come marching one by one Hoorah! Fooey!!!

Another week, another weekend spent fighting the SUPERBUGS that continue to invade both my class and MY body! Shame! Shame! (thats for you Jilly). Not only have I been sick but those nasty BUGGERS made it to my sister too! This past Friday I attended a Holiday party (yeah, I know, the holidays are over) given by my bosses. All day Friday I debated about going. I had a nose that was not only leaking but felt like a WATERMAIN break. All day long it was NOSE to TISSUE, TISSUE to NOSE. Eyes that felt like lead. A body that felt like it had been thru twenty rounds of a heavy weight fight and yet....

I refused to give in to the BUGGERS!

So, I went.

NOSE to TISSUE.

TISSUE to NOSE.

The place was okay, the food okay, and the music was all right.

Although the only words I heard came from an old song.

"Should I stay or should I go now? If I stay there will be trouble. If I go it will be double."

Well as the designated driver for two of my co-workers I stayed and although I had a decent time and enjoyed watching everyone have fun it was hard to dance when your dance partner was a TISSUE!!!

I did pay for it the following day, all day, NOSE to TISSUE, TISSUE to NOSE. Many Benadryl tablets later, sleepy-eyed and drowsey hours and a day later, I am still feeling the effects of the nasty BUGGER. I'm told by many more experienced in BUGGERS that I probably have another SIX months of this before my immune system catches up.

WHAT!!!

I don't know if I can wait that long.

So for my lack of posts...

So sorry.

On the adoption front RUMORS are starting to swirl that the cut-off may be Dec 22nd, 26th, or even Dec 30th. The 30th would be great but I'm not riding that PONY yet. The next few days should tell. Referrals should be here before the Chinese New Year but you never know.

On a positive note, Sheila and Roger are officially PARENTS!

Yeah!

The adoption of Andrew is final!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for a picture of him eating that ice cream cake you talked about.

Sheila if you don't know by now was the sender of my very first Secret Pal Swap gifts besides being such a GREAT friend. What started out as a few thinking about adoption gals on an adoption forum blossomed into a family of Waiting Moms and now Moms. I am truly blessed by our friendship girl!

My very best wishes go out to them as they celebrate being a FOREVER family!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Aren't you the sweetest thing!

Who knew we would get so lucky? I was cleaning out my photo library on Saturday and spent way to much time admiring your diaper bag :)

*sigh*

We were so young and innocent in those days.

Can't wait to see a baby in your arms in the next year!