
Every once and a while you come across a blog written by an extraordinary person. Not to say that all of you are not extraordinary :) A few weeks ago I was asked to visit a blog of an adoptive mom who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. After visiting her blog I felt both a great admiration for her as well as anger for what she will be fighting. Cancer does not differentiate between young and old, mothers, fathers, spouses, brother, sister, or friend. It just strikes and leaves you changed forever. Maybe its hitting home more so because my grandfather and father in-law died from it, my second cousin is fighting it, my uncle survived it, and way too many people I know have been affected by it. It is just so unfair and I constantly question why it happens.
Why does it strike really good people?
This mom is not just an adoptive mom she is all of the above.
She puts herself out there with such honesty that you are compelled to visit daily. You want to will the cancer away for her and fight with her all along the way. She has just started her journey and needs all of our prayers and good thoughts. If you get a chance please visit the link labeled Support Judy. I will not be linking to her personal blog as I do not have permission. The Support Page doesn't ask for a lot, just a little of your time in prayer and positive thoughts.
I feel blessed for all that I have in my life. Life is too short and if nothing else this is a reminder not to sweat the small things because in the grand scheme of life that's just what they are SMALL.












No comments:
Post a Comment