Saturday, February 09, 2008

Gung Hay Fat Choy

Out with the year of the BOAR, as in boring!!!!!! In with the year of the RAT, as in EXCITING, it is OUR year!!!!! It is also another mini-miliestone. We just passed our 23 month LID-versary on Thursday. Funny I used to think I was BAD for forgetting to post, now I just chalk up to being busy. I never forget about the date itself, just don't stress over the posting part. This week was a busy one with so many different things going on. Some things I can post about, some I can't. Such is the life of a public blog. This week I accomplished something I rarely if ever do anymore.

I read TWO books!!! Yeepee for me!!!

I researched trips to Italy for the last "as a couple" BIG trip.

I researched online teaching positions to prepare for Mommyhood.

I'd love to work from home.

Put together Valentines day goodie bags for the kiddies.

Preparing to organize a few swaps to get thru the winter.

Next week I am volunteering to help our local FCC with the preparation of Arts & Crafts activities for our local FCC Chinese New Year celebration which will take place in March. This year will be sad one as we just lost a member this past week.

Highlight of the week
Watching fourteen three year olds parade around with Dragon Masks and Puppets during our Chinese New Year celebration at work.

Watching these same three year olds attempt to use chopsticks to eat lo-mein noodles, using said chopsticks as spears to lift chicken nuggets off their plates, all while singing Frosty the Snowman.

No, it was not snowing!

LAST but not least, preparing to go into the dark black hole of tax-time. Yes, I must get my tax paperwork together. It should be fun since I worked, retired, and started working again. I wonder if my accountant has any relation to the poltergeist. Hopefully, I can keep the head spinning at a mininmum. Ha!

On the bright side I am looking forward to the Spring and the idea that I can explore the outside world again. I also haven't wallowed in self-pity lately which is GREAT for me and everyone who knows me. I know I've left things out but I'm being attacked by senior moments.

PS- There are new rumors that the CCAA plans on holding a meeting with agencies within the next few weeks to discuss how the Olympics will affect referrals. Some boards are reporting that there is a possibility that everything will stop for THREE months ): Let's hope that is just that a RUMOR.

Gotta go!

No comments: