Instead of Monday morning blues I'd rather talk about how beautiful it was today. A far cry from last Friday. Traveling to work on Friday was an experience. Especially when all the cars and SUV's thought they could really drive faster than you. I watched as car after car after SUV attempted to pass me. Didn't they think I wanted to go faster but when the road is a sheet of ice covered by snow its just not possible. I got a kick out of watching most of them fishtail in my rear-view mirror and more than a handful of hairs on the back of my neck saluted me as several cars came within inches of hitting me.
I arrived to what I expected. Three sweet adorable ready to play in the snow, why are we here, three year olds. I was told there would be an early 6 p.m. closing instead of 7 p.m.
Are you kidding me?
Three, three year olds, 6 p.m. closing.
I am not a financial wizard but even I can see it makes no sense unless of course you have to pay all of your employees not to show up! Why not wait and see who calls in. Within two hours I had three more little ones and an even earlier closing 2 p. m.
Wow! Was that a surprise!
Guess when I left?
11 a.m.
You don't need to ask me twice if I want to go home!
Friday was spent in an early installment of pj's, Chinese food takeout, T.V. and DVD's which I never have time to see. My answer to everyone in my home. I am not here. Help yourself! HA!
Friday afternoon I was surprised when I received a second phone call in regards to scheduling my online teaching instructor interview. I received the first the night before and had been unable to call to schedule the interview. The faculty recruiter stated " I finally got you, you are hard to reach." Funny I don't quite see how one call counts as hard to reach but you know I'm not going to complain. My interview is scheduled for next week. I am a little nervous. I have never interviewed over the phone and I have to pray my lunch hour is not in anyway compromised. So my question to you is: Do I just not got into work? Request the afternoon off? or pray for the best?
Onto the weekend. Saturday I happily got a hair-cut. I guess I should have thought twice about wearing a turtleneck. I think every little microscopic hair found its way down my neck. Urgh! Then I traveled to the eye doctor where I was told that my eyes are right where they should be at my age. My lens strength was increased as a result. I guess at my age, I should be happy, right? Happy that my vision is getting worse. I don't think so but a stronger prescription is needed and I will be happy to see more clearly on those late can't close eyes read every blog nights. Of course, its not free. I need more than one pair of eyeglasses.
Cost of eyeglasses $200.00
Ability to see and remove all of the microscopic hairs on my neck, PRICELESS!
Sunday was a blur....and here we are...
Today my class was in rare form. I can't tell you how many of my darling little ones decided to throw themselves on the floor in rebellion. Of course darling one had to throw the record breaking shrieking even when a parent comes into the room tantrum. I told the darling one that when the tantrum was done the darling one may join the class. As the tantrum progressed into shrieking I asked the darling one if he was done to which darling one responded thru tears "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Well okay then, let the shrieking continue. Of course, it must be the parents are coming witching hour as I told one Mom it was her fault of course that this was happening. It seems that whenever she comes to pick up her child it begins. Twice a parent asked me why darling child one and two and three were crying. With so many responses to choose from. I chose the "They are not happy that they are not getting their way." standard response. I really didn't want to get into the she snatched the pretend phone, he pulled her hair, he knocked him down, she pushed him, he wanted to help the teacher by picking up chairs and throwing them on the ground, she wanted to cut his hair with training scissors situations. (Not all at the same time thank goodness.) Well do you let them cry all day was written clearly all over their foreheads. So needless to say, my class and I had another "Let's be nice to our friends and listen to our teacher" therapy sessions. Oh! Did I forget to say "Happy Monday!"
Good news: Four of the Six goldfish I have in my class are still alive.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment