Thursday, February 19, 2009

A few weeks of musings that just might be amusing!

Oh! My! I am soooooo far behind. Where do I begin. It will just have to be random musings since I am not organized upstairs tonight! My mom and I went away for a week and were supposed to arrive to warm sunny weather and arrived to the coldest air in a decade at my home away from home, SWEET! Within two days my mom was sick and I was watching her be sick. SWEET!

I started teaching a new class while teaching another new class (different material) without having 24/7 Internet service, makes for interesting visits to Starbucks and Panera Bread. Thank goodness for free Wi-Fi and the skill of people-watching.

Walked a thousand miles or at least it felt like that!

Read three books and watched sick mom read a few books.

All joking aside it really isn't fun when a loved one is sick and there isn't anything you can do about it but get them what they need and hope they feel better soon...which she did....during John and Jessie's cocktail hour



John and Jessie are two of the nicest people I have ever met and whenever we visit there is always a good time to be had and lots of laughter to be heard.

I convinced Jessie to take this pic and yes, this was her glass!


I was the bartender and told her to tell me when to stop and well she told me too late!

I enjoyed a glass of Pinot Grigio. Jessie stayed with her favorite Manischewitz white and John tried a new Merlot, Don Luciano, hummm a little Italian in there???

I also managed to take a pic of Jessie and I. What a duo!!!!



The week ended with weather in the mid 70's which after ice and snow was a welcome relief.

While I was away my friend Kim sent us a gift in a Huggies Box. I admit it, I told Mike not to open it, and I am so happy I did. Do you have any idea what can fit in a Huggies box????




It is very deceiving

So much


can fit in one box


all these really cute little outfits, pajamas, dresses, pants, shorts, tops, jackets, ladybugs, yes ladybug boots, ladybug jacket, shoes and sneakers, and a baby Bjorn carrier.

All in one Huggies Box!

I was overwhelmed so imagine Mike's face if he had opened it up. He would have been in baby clothes SHOCK! It was beyond thoughtful. Kim and her family have been so supportive and continue to surprise me with their thoughfulness and genorosity! I wish I could package the biggest HUG and send it out to them!

After a few days at home, my computer caught a bug but it was close to Valentines Day and I would rather think about these beautiful flowers and the card my honey gave me. We enjoyed a nice date night at a nice restaurant



I went to Mom's night out with my friends from FCC-LI when I realized that

I had caught a bug and mom caught her bug back and well

We were all BUGGED out in my house!

I couldn't visit RQ....

I couldn't grade assignments....

I couldn't get my FB on.....

I couldn't read emails....

I couldn't superpoke my brother or my sister....

I consulted with de-bugging specialists....and still I could not get de-bugged.

I finally gave up and took my laptop to my Dad who got most of the bugs out but yet...

there are not all gone....

my bug is still making me feel crappy....

and now the rumors are starting.

THE RUMORS ARE STARTING

CCAA has started to match families. We should know if we are IN or NEXT within the next week.

I have so much to do, no energy....

BUG be GONE!!!

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh gosh...I love seeing all that stuff! I've had it in that box for MONTHS! Another one, just as full, will be mailed out this weekend :) I get more and more excited for you every day!

Hugs, Kim