It is Sunday morning and I have all of these thoughts floating, sweeeping, diving, and dancing around my head with no where to go. (Guess there isn't alot of room up there!). It has been a busy week but I don't know why. Bad weather? Inability to get from point A to point B? Trying to get ahead with a new class starting today? Trying to keep up with the thousand and one entries, gifts, snowball fights, watergun fights, on FB? Could this be why? Yesterday was the first down day and I had a monster headache which knocked me out of commission for most of the day. I know I should be working on certain "baby" type things now but just can't seem to get myself motivated. I guess I need to be under pressure to move it along. It is what it is as my hubby says, so why fight it.
This week I read quite a bit about travel and figure there will be certain things I need to purchase to ensure a somewhat happy flight over and arrival in China.
1. Airplane pillow! Absolutely essential.
2. Some form of sleeping or relaxation supplements/medication to allow for some sleep on the flight to China.
3. Converters for our mini laptop and to recharge our batteries.
4. Cheap tablecloths cut in 2X2 squares to use as disposable changing pads.
5. The right airline, flights, and connections.
6. More clean money!
7. Gifts to take to China.
8. Ziplock bags.
9. Over the counter medication as well as regular medication.
10. Powdered pedialyte, aquaphor lotion, disposable wipes, just to name a few.
11. Ear plugs!
12. Another memory card for photos.
13. it goes on and on and on
I know I need to make real lists not just the one in my head. I hope to concentrate a bit on that this week while I'm away free of distractions, I hope, we'll see.
I have also been reading some adoptee blogs and must admit that certain topics make me very uncomfortable and at times saddened by what is written. I'll save my thoughts on that for another post but it is definitely something that is very important to me and can't be ignored.
Every night I pray and dream about our child and feel in my heart that we have already been matched and are just a phone call away from completing this part of our journey and starting another.
Fun week things included dinner with my younger sister and brother, long walks with my hubby, my "ten minute meditations", catching up with a few friends, plans for one or two more short trips with my hubby as a couple, and brunch with friends today.
For now I have to focus on getting ahead in my two classes and then well..there will be many more things to do.
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment