Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One month ANNIE-versary!

Our first night together followed by tonight

Today we celebrated Annie's one month anniversary with no sleep (Annie was up four times last night), hot & extremely humid weather (100 % humidity and the reason Annie is in a onesie tonight), and one cranky, non-napper baby!

And guess what?

I would not have traded this day for any other day :) By late afternoon sweet girl was back on track with her sweet smiling, giggling ways.

I stare at her and still can't believe she is truly unequivocally my daughter.

How did I get so blessed? Watching her sleep in my arms I felt so much love for her. I just can't imagine her with anyone but us. She completes me in ways I never knew were possible. I am so very lucky to have her in my life and I say that knowing it will not be all peaches and cream and thats okay. We will continue to feel our way around together as a family, as parents, mother-daughter, father-daughter.

I was recently asked how we got Annie to transition so easily. The only answer I can offer is that we just let Annie be herself.

There were no guidelines we followed or books that explain how it happened.

It just did.

What we did do was our best to protect her, help her feel secure, provide her comfort, and our love. We let her know by our actions and our words that she is number one in our lives. We have stayed close to home and will continue to do so for the next month or so. She knows each room of our home and her presence is seen in all of these areas. We established a routine with her that let her know what was coming next. She knows what her morning will be like and what her evening will be like. Throughout the day we do our best to interact with her both individually and as a family. We introduced new foods, activities, and family/friends slowly. We try to not to throw too many surprises her way.

Overall though, Annie is the one that made it easier for us as new parents. Her easy-going nature, patience, and ability to adapt and be flexible allowed us to establish a relationship that continues to grow stronger everyday.

As we end this part of our journey and continue on in our new journey we thank you for being a part of it. We wish you well and look forward to watching as one by one, all of our families, come together. I have posted one last video of our girl and look forward to making many, many more, afterall...

It is just beginning...



(The blog will open until the end of the week and then will be private. For those who wish to follow please let me know by then. I have received the requests thus far and will send out invites at the beginning of next week.)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I would love to follow your blog once it is private.
We adopted our daughter from the Guangxi Province almost 3 years ago. Here is a link to our blog
http://penningtoneverafter.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mskajlc said...

I would love to continue following your blog!

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Catherine said...

what an amazing post! Happy Annie-Versary!!!!!

catherine

Tara McDago said...

Of course I want to hear about all Annie. We had a great visit and missed you as soon as we turned off the block. Love you! Tara & All