I could use an "Any-thini". Does anyone know how to make one??? D&D are having Martini's and since I don't have the ingredients to join them I'll settle for an "Any-thini"
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, more changes, more CCAA rules! Urgh! Double Urgh! The CCAA held a meeting this week and with it come more rules that will change the path of adoption for many families. Of course, the wait is still the wait. Right now I'm hoping we receive our referral somewhere between July & November. I have to remind myself that these are little people we are talking about and not items that can be ordered in advance or reproduced at an astronimical pace to accomodate me, the waiting parent. Yet, it doesn't make me feel better. What makes me angry are the changes. I was really hoping we could start the paperwork for little one # 2 within the next few years but with new rules it just doesn't seem possible. Here is just a tidbit of whats too come and the possible new changes to be implemented.
Several U.S. adoption agencies have reported a meeting last week in Beijing at which the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) informed their representatives of new restrictions on families who wish to apply to adopt from China. These changes will apparently apply to families whose dossiers are received by CCAA beginning May 1, 2007.
Although nothing has been posted on the CCAA web site, many prospective families will be affected.
Here are the rumored changes:
* Married couples only. No singles.
* Married couples must be married over 2 years if there are no previous marriages. If there are previous marriages then the present marriage must be over 5 years. However, no more than two previous marriages will be allowed.
* Both parents must be 30 to 50 years old. No parent can be outside of this range. Problem #1, we may not make the cutoff with Mike's age.
* The CCAA wants healthy parents--no infectious disease, no mental disease (including depression or anxiety), no blindness, and no serious disease or disability.
* Both parents must have a body mass index under 40.
* At least one parent must have a stable job. Income requirement is $10,000 per family member including the child to be adopted. Problem #2, We will both be retired and retirement income ISN'T good enough, even though we will exceed the minimum requirement.
* Family's net assets must be over $80,000.
* Each parent must have at least a high school education.
* No more than five children in the home including the child to be adopted. The youngest child in the home must be over 1 year old.
* No criminal record.
After hearing the news I immediately re-read an email my sister sent me just this past week. I was so determined to get myself out of funk-land. I was this.....
close.....
For those of you waiting, I hope it helps.
For those of you affected by the new changes, I feel for you and only hope that if you are in the paperchase stage you make it with plenty of time.
For those of you who will not be able to follow this path, I wish you hope and faith. There is a path out there that will lead you to your child. NEVER GIVE UP!!!
To my sister "I love you and Thanks"
Hello Kim
I was up this morning and had the time to read the Blog. Please be patient your baby will be here sooner than you think. I can only imagine how hard it has been for you to wait but I believe that all things are planned for a reason. Sometimes we do not know why but I believe God has something really special in store for you. I know you will make a wonderful mother and you are going to be creative, funny, educational to her and all of us once the baby comes. I am getting inpatient myself and want the world for you but at that right time. God has his timing planned for a reason so keep doing what you are doing. Be there for Mike and his Dad. Retire You will see. Annie will be here before you know it. She is waiting too. I believe in my heart she is the luckiest girl in the world to have you as a Mom. I know by how you are with my girls and they love you ssoooo much. So "chin up " and I will see you soon.
Love you always
The trying to be patient Auntie Donna XXOOXO
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
It is frustrating. I hear ya!
Keep smilin!
Hi Kim,
Thanks for posting your sister's note! Any support we all get is great!!! There is nothing we can do but wait and be patient.
Post a Comment