Thursday, January 18, 2007

Belated Gift Postings & Book Reviews

These adorable bibs and baby blanket were Bib Swap gifts from Kathy Y. I had a lot of fun reading all the different sayings. Thanks Kathy!
Fun hair accessories! Kathy R sent these as part of our Hair Accessory Swap. She is so sweet! After sending out one gift she found something else she wanted to send and sent that as well. Everything will fit nicely in the pink purse and the bookmark clip with a clock is a real hit with all the reading I am doing right now. Thanks Kathy:)
I love Christmas and could live as if it were Christams everyday (if I didn't have to cook!). Medeah sent these great books as part of our December Book Swap. The books are great and I love the religious theme explored in a few of them. Thanks Medeah:)





If you haven't read this book, get out there and buy it/borrow it. It is a must read. As I stated in a previous post it forces you to look inside yourself as well as thru the perspective of an adopted child. I know I will read it again and again. I took my time reading it and found myself thinking about all the different issues/views presented constantly.
This book is written from the perspective of a daughter born 5th in her family. As the 5th daughter she believes she has no value or worth. It explores her attempts to find love and acceptance from her family (specifically her father). It also explores the culture and tradition of family within China. The ending is not what you expect.
I loved this book! Once I started it I could not put it down. Each story is special and unique in its own way. That is reflected in the diversity as well as the different types of families presented. Every emotion is experienced. Again, I can't say enough I loved it! (I'll post more about this book specifically in a future post)

No comments: