Friday, May 18, 2007

Bring Me Hope



This video is a real tear-jerker so grab your tissues.


This past week I have spent a lot of time thinking about the birthmother of our child. Last Saturday was "Birthmother's Day" and Sunday, "Mother's Day". I often wonder what circumstances led her to make this decision. The decision that will allow us to become our child's family. I will always be grateful for her sacrifice and like our child full of questions that I will never be able to get answered. I just wish I would have all the reasons "Why?" so when that inevitable day comes...and our child asks....

For now, I will try to record as much as I can about what is going on in China right now. Circumstances of abandonment, the "one-chid policy", questionable sonograms and abortions, China's economy, etc....For as hurtful as these topics might be, they may be the only explanations that I have to offer.

When we receive our referral I will try to learn as much as I can about our child's Social Welfare Institute and/or foster family as well as any information on the surrounding towns.

I wish I could do more now. I have the time.

Alot to think about......

No comments: