Sunday, May 20, 2007

Recipe Exchanges, Recipe # 1: Lasagna Bread

Last month, at least I think it was last month (lots of senior moments people...)I particpated in a recipe exchange. Instead of being recipe selfish I decided to share the recipes with you. I will try to post one a week. Since we HAVE to wait ANYWAY we might as well have fun while filling our tummies! Feel free to add a recipe or two or three in the comments section :)

Lasagna Bread

1 small container cottage cheese
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 small can tomato paste
4 cans crescent rolls
1 lb. ground chuck
1/2 lb. pork sausage
1 C. shredded Mozzarella

Brown hamburger and sausage. Drain grease. Mix tomato paste with meat. Set aside. In another bowl mix together the 3 cheeses with 1 egg. Layer bottom of cookie sheet with 2 cans of crescent rolls. Layer the meat mixture then the cheese mixture. Place the remaining 2 cans of crescent rolls on top. Pinch the edges together. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until the bottom crust is done. Cut into pieces.

No comments: