Saturday, November 03, 2007

Not a secret anymore

For as long as I can remember my place in adoption land my friend Sheila has been there. We share a journey that began in different places. A journey that still continues, is ever changing, and evolving as we follow our hearts to China. We met on an adoption forum that quickly expanded to a yahoo group and wonderful Internet Family. For over a year, Sheila was sending gifts as part of a Secret Pal Exchange which ended last year. When the exchange ended I missed the surprise and intrigue that built up every month as we awaited our Secret Pal gift in the mail. I missed the well wishes and good thoughts that came from a friend that was secretly sending our gifts right under our noses! I am so very lucky that I do not have to miss the friendship! Our friendship continues and I hope will remain for many years to come. What is not a secret anymore is her wonderful writing skills. Sheila recently wrote an article about her journey to parenthood. She is now a Mom to Andrew (he is quite the cutey). It was beautifully written and is very heartwarming. Click here to read more about Sheila's journey.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Thank you so much for the kind words. This was my first weekend travel for work and I did pretty well. WaWa and Drew survived and even thrived :) Today is my first teleconference back and I will be on full time starting Wednesday. Hard to believe that 8 weeks have flown by! Can't wait for China so that I can stay home! Hugs to you and Mike and Mom.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I must say that I too have made a few good friends through this whole adoption thing and they are people I will know forever... though never had a secret pal... doesn't matter...