Friday, November 30, 2007

In a flash first you see her ...then...she gone again???

Thanks to a tip from my Dad, a lot of patience, and a few tricky relocations of my wireless router and HERE I am. It has been hard to be away from the Internet but a grateful break. It seems that no matter when the break takes place, it takes place for a reason. Time to let me re-group, re-focus, and concentrate on the stuff I do have control over. Sometimes I look at the calendar and can't believe the wait has been this long and then there are days when I look and I can't believe that I'm that many days closer to referral. Today is a day smack in-between. I'm still working on the getting closer idea. This is a great day for all of my SEPTEMBER 2006 families.

THEY ARE OUT OF REVIEW!!!!

Congrats to them. A little Holiday Cheer is on its way to them this weekend!

Any rumors on the next batch of referrals?

According to the Rumor Queen Site, a few agencies are pointing to December 12th.

Part of me is so pissed off!

Are you kidding me?

I keep reminding myself that there are little ones going home to their forever families and that I am getting closer however slow or small the steps are.

On the bright side I received a really cool sippy cup from Suzanne who is part of my March Yahoo Group. It is the kind that you can decorate on your own. I don't have time tonight but I promise to post a photo when I get a chance.

Today at work I planned a sharing "When I was little" photos and special memories/moments morning with my three year olds. It was one of the most rewarding moments as a teacher. Almost every family particpated. If you know anything about three year olds their attention span lasts about fifteen minutes tops. It was like they were under a trance. They didn't know about it! It was a surprise. I told them we had really special mail. To see their expressions as I read each special memory/moment and shared photos of them and family memories was priceless. All I kept thinking was I can't wait to be one of those parents that gets a request like this from our future little one's teacher. Each child had a chance to come up to the front of the circle and share their photos, talk about their families. It was so cool! Even my shy children had smiles a mile long and spoke. One parent sent in a photo of her oldest daughter holding my student in her arms. She had captured her younger daughter at a day old grasping her older sister's finger. Another was of a father and his brother as children under the Christmas tree, he shared how he and his son had sat under the Christmas tree at different times in their life, sharing the same toys with the same sweet smile of joy that only children can express. Some were of days of fun and/or trips to visit with family. One picture caught my eye because I knew aleady what it was, it was the special day I look forward to, an adoption day in China. I could go on and on. I think one of the nicest things about it was how excited the parents were. They knew it was a surprise and couldn't wait to hear all about it tonight as they picked up their children. Some even asked if I could do it again. Of course, you already know what my answer will be!

A great end to an exhausting week.

Going away for a few days.

And then she was gone.....

Have a great weekend!

No comments: