Wednesday, June 07, 2006

110 Days!!!! Father's Day & a Postcard

Can you believe it, it has been ONE HUNDRED and TEN days since our dossier went to China! Looking back, it’s hard to believe that we started the process at the end of September, which is a little over three months away. When we started, the wait to referral was only 6-8 months from Log-in-date. Now its up to 14 months and there is no guarantee it won't go past 14 months ): I was so worried that our referral would come before I retired. Ha! We picked China because of the country's stability. Ha! Well, international adoption is unpredictable; there really was no way to know that things would change. And that they would change so fast. Many families are now opting to go the Special Needs route or are switching countries. We are sticking to China and the idea of the Special Needs Route, well I'm looking into it. A lot of the special needs are correctable but to be quite honest, I'm just not sure. I don't want the decision to go the Special Needs Route to be a result of the increasing wait times. I have a lot of research ahead of me......

Would you believe blogger went down in the middle of my entry? Urgh!!! Well being the determined, frustrated person I am right now! I decided it was time to write a letter. My agency, along with numerous adoption blogs, forums, groups, etc., have been part of a letter writing campaign to extend the I-171 H which is the document we need to bring our child into the US. Currently it expires 18 months after it is approved. Fingerprints expire 15 months after they are approved. As you can imagine, this will possibly cost a pretty penny to renew. In an attempt to avoid this, letters are being written and sent to local Congress person (s), and Senators. Lets hope it works! I really don’t want to have to go thru another home-study, child abuse clearance, physical, in addition, to the added expense of gathering other documents necessary all over again. Its bad enough that we may have to be re-fingerprinted!

Senators Schumer, Clinton, and Congresswoman McCarthy get ready to hear from your constituient!!!! You should be receiving my letter soon. How’s that for efficient use of time lost on blogger!!!!

When we made the decision to go with China, we made it with our eyes wide open. That won't however prevent me from closing my eyes really tight and making a wish. A wish that wherever our daughter is, she is safe and sound, surrounded by love, and patiently awaiting our arrival to being her home.

When the wait seems to go on forever, China adoption quota rumors are swirling, referral times are on the rise, it is moments like these that we treasure. The opportunity to express the process here as well as the little things that take place behind the adoption scene.

The little things that count such as words of encouragement, heartfelt wishes, and packages of love that, gets us thru the wait. I am so happy that I am surrounded by wonderful family and friends, that the summer is here, flowers are blooming, the sun is warm, beaches are a must, and there are many things to do outside.

My goal in the coming week (s) is to pick out a quilt pattern for the "100 Good Wishes Quilt". We have been so fortunate to receive so many squares & beautiful wishes. We still have to wait but at least the future is bright and full of promise!

(Catch me on a bad day or even an hour ago and I definitely don't sound like this!)

I am also going to start on little "Annie's " lifebook. So much to do, so much time!!!

(Did I really have to say the words.....so much time?)


This adorable expectant Father's Day card or "Pooh" card comes from the expectant parents of the McDago Family. Thanks Tara & Vinnie!!!!

How cool! French! Thanks to Doris & Dan who sent this postcard from Canada. The embellishments are soooooo cute!!!!

No comments: