Friday, June 16, 2006

My Quilting Assistants

Don't we just look so happy!!! Great action shot!
My assistants & I hard at work
During Easter break, I spent the evening at my Dad's house preparing fabric squares & wishes to go out for the various quilt swaps I got involved in. My stepmom, Linda, sister, Jill, and two nieces, Elise & Alyssa, prepared the wishes, stuffed envelopes, and added special stickers to send out to my Internet Swap Friends. Dad was the quilt photographer and once again, Dad, you out did yourself! It was also a great opportunity to share the fabric squares & wishes, Mike & I received over the last few months. Special thanks to Jill for bringing the girls and Linda for being such a great hostess.

I am currently at the "pick a quilt pattern stage" for my first practice quilt. I have the background fabric, bottom fabric, and batting. Now all I have to do is learn how to use a sewing machine!!!

As a special treat, I just joined a "Nieces" swap. If there is enough interest, the girls will start receiving their own squares for their own special quilts!! What a great way to thank them for their help!!!

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi... I must say that I have enjoying reading your blog. Look forward to reading more. We had a LID of 5th April... So, for now, take care and hope to read more soon
Felicity