Thursday, August 31, 2006

Long Weekends, Surprise Gifts, Lola & Sugar Daddy & CCAI Secret Pal

Long weekends are great for the weary, cranky, & frustrated waiting family. This weekend was about our family of two waiting to be three. We spent the day outside in the backyard of our second home. Our home away from home has NO TV,NO INTERNET, no nothing! and thats what we did NOTHING! Well, we did have a few glasses of wine, our very own cocktail hour, watched stick birds walk around the pond, otters and turtles swimming in the pond, fish flipping in the ....pond, watched the torrential rain fall in the ....pond, talked and talked, and I read a book:) It was a great weekend and then it ended......

We arrived home to two surprises. Our CCAI Secret Pal sent us another amazing gift. I'd post a photo but blogger is really slow. The gift contained a really cute teether bib(a first) with a sunflower and ladybug on it, a ladybug bracelet ( a first), a count the numbers book, and a really too cute baby's first piggy bank.

I just love firsts!!!Every month our Secret Pals WOW us!

Thanks CCAI Secret Pal!

We also received a gift from Lola & Sugar Daddy.

I know you want to but.....

Do not ASK me who they are it is a SECRET and I don't know.

He!He!

That is the best part of receiving all these gifts, the idea that families I don't know and friends and families I do know are going out of their way to send such special gifts.

Now back to Lola & Sugar Daddy.

The gift was an adorable lifebook. It is set up much like a baby's first years book. The difference between the two is that this book is for children who have been adopted. Glancing from page to page, I couldn't help but get teary-eyed at the thought that we will soon be able to fill in the blanks. I say soon because I want to be the person that sees the glass half-full.

The optimist:)

Below is a poem that opens the book. We can't thank you enough for such a thoughtful gift. I will post photos of the book when blogger speeds up again.

Our Chosen Child, How you came to us and the growing up years, Judith Levy

What Joy
The Chosen child.

A circle complete,
A child so sweet.

A miracle baby, you!

The heart makes a cooing sound,
When a little baby’s around.

So new at first,
Our whole life last.

Oh, how sweet the smile,
From our gift of a child.

What joy to unfold,
Our baby to hold.

Sunshine, roses, rainbows too,
A miracle forever,
Our baby, you!

1 comment:

Moosevine said...

My mom got me the same book last year for Christmas. I haven't allowed myself to look through it too closely yet, but like you, I CAN'T WAIT to fill in all the info!! :)