Friday, April 06, 2007

A night out...


Wednesday night we went to visit friends R & C, and had to prepare for our visit. I was so excited!!! We were seeing Juliette Rose for the first time. Now I have seen pictures and emailed her mom, R, but with Mike's Dad being sick we had been unable to coordinate schedules.

Now you have to understand this isn't just any little girl. I met R while paperchasing. It was also the first time I had met someone from my area who was adopting from China. As each month passed I couldn't wait to see if R & C had received their referral and when they did I couldn't wait to hear that little Juliette had made it home safely!

Since it was such a special day I dragged Mike to Barnes & Nobles, yes dragged, to pick out a children's book. I wanted to find a cute and funny story. It took awhile (Mike napped) but I finally found "Gossie". It is the most adorable book!!! Gossie is a gossling (goose) and loves to wear RED boots wherever she goes. It has a cute storyline and great rhyming. Of course I walked out without one for me but don't worry I will be dragging Mike back, yes dragging!

We had a great time, talked about our experiences so far, shared stories, ate great Chinese food, and marveled at this little person who was just amazing. Seeing little Juliette reminded me of why I am waiting and why there is no other wait worth waiting for!!!

No comments: