Thursday, September 21, 2006

Are you a cupcake?


I recently read a post on one of my fellow blogger's blog that saddened me. I did not read the original blog that the post referred to in its entirety but read enough to see that the discussion hit a nerve to many that responded to it.

The discussion focused on the wait. The wait for families that already have children vs. the wait of families that do not have children. That one sentence says it all.

The wait is the WAIT. It is difficult for all! There is no way to measure how it affects a person with children or without. That is a personal thing. What upset me was not the discussion as it was a very interesting one, but how the responses took on a life of its own. I never understood why when responding there are those who choose to conduct personal attacks on the comments of others. What difference does it make if I do or do not have a child or children right at this exact moment. (I don't btw) I am still waiting...waiting... for that special little someone to complete my family. There is always a way to share you point of view while still being respectful to those whose opinions differ from yours.

But back to the question...

Are you a cupcake?

Is your blog cupcakey?

Why is that question important?

What does that mean??

I don't really know.

If it means that a blog is full of fluff, of sappy, happy thoughts, who cares? If it means you choose to stay away from controversial issues. So what. If you don't like reading it, click away from it!

Please don't leave, quite yet:)

I will admit that I am a cupcake and I'm proud of it! I choose to write mostly about the positive aspects of my life, the wait, etc.. I have my moments of frustration and I voice them the way I want. (Like right now)

Again, I choose.

I respect the blogs of those who choose to write like me and otherwise. It is their blog, they can write whatever they want. Likewise, I do the same. I do not question the sincerity of the comments left on my blog or anyone else's for that matter. I will, however, never knock a person for their point of view, it is their point of view, they own it. Not me or anyone else has the right to question that. That being said....

The beauty of blogs is that they are interesting, each family is interesting, with a variety of views. They are sometimes predicatable and often unpredicatable. But they all have one common thread to them, a story, a journey to a child that is so loved and yet not here.

I feel a connection to waiting parents because I am one.

I enjoy following fellow bloggers as they start, while they wait and complete their journey's... I learn from them...My heart pulls for them when they are down and rejoices when they are happy.

I am a cupcake and I'm proud of it!!!

I feel better now.

Good Night:)

No comments: