Sunday, September 10, 2006

Saturday excursions & Lucky Charms

Yesterday, there was a block party on our block. We decided not to particpate. With everything going on in our lives right now we just knew there was no way we could celebrate and party with Mike's Dad across the street feeling the way he is feeling. Don't get me wrong, I celebrate life everyday but we just didn't want to deal with the endless questions about him, about us. On our way out the mailman arrived with a gift for us!!! You know I couldn't leave without opening it up!

I love getting mail!!!

The gift was from Lucky Charms and family. Lucky Charms was my favorite cereal as a kid. What a coincidence! The gift was a beautiful SPA set. The fragrance was blueberry. Everything smells sooooo good. I can't wait to use everything. One of my top ten things do as often as I can while we are waiting for our little one is to take long luxurious baths. This gift fits perfectly. Thanks you Lucky Charms!!! Looks like our luck is changing. First a ladybug sighting now a Lucky gift:)

We then left opting for a morning stroll through some local stores. We took a short break at Barnes and Noble where I stole quilting ideas from some great quilting books. For the quilters out there, I found one book in particular that had some really great baby quilts
"Quick Colorful Quilts for Babies & Toddlers" by Rosemary Wilkinson
We also found a great Halloween book. Love to share but I'm thinking about getting it for one of my secret pals. So it will just have to stay a secret for now.

We decided to spend some time with two great friends: my sister in-law, Annie and my brother in-law, Louie in the afternoon. We have all been under a lot of pressure lately and have not been able to spend quality "friend-time". We went out to Cold Spring Harbor which is quaint little town on Long Island with many fun little shops and a breath-taking view of the Long Island Sound. We spotted two beautiful swans floating gracefully through the water. Weather-wise it was beautiful, low 80's, no humidity, and sunny. We could not have asked for a more peaceful way to spend the afternoon. We topped the night off with a romantic dinner....

"Sicilian pizza with an eggplant topping"

Maybe, not so romantic...

But it was delicious!!!



No comments: