Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Choice

Recently I read somewhere, can't remember exactly, about making happy choices.

Do you make choices that are driven by your own needs or by the needs of others?

It is an interesting question and I am not ashamed to admit it; that for the most part, my choices are based on the needs of others.

The question really irked me because I guess in way to make choices based on what other people want and need is to in a sense to not make a choice for yourself at all.

Life is full of compromise and sometimes that happy choice is ignored, denied, and/or put on the back burner.

I realize that as I get more mature (can't bear to say older!), I am not as willing to ignore the happy choice. The choice that would be made by me if I were free to make it.

I make a lot of small happy choice decisions and thats okay for now. I am not ignoring them, not denying them, just putting them on the back burner...for a little while...

Do you make happy choices?

No comments: