
After an exhausting pre-thanksgiving prep-day, cleaning, preparing food ahead, desserts ahead, I managed to do the one thing I have not done once since I got married. Carve a 21 pound turkey and get everything out on the dining room table, warm, and on-time minus a little delay due to turkey drippings on the kitchen floor. We had dinner with Mike's family and my mom. It was sooooooo manageable. Let me say that word again slowly..................manageable. I forgot what that was like.
I also did the unthinkable I used BIG thanksgiving themed paper plates, cups, tablecloths, etc.
and I don't feel bad about it!
I actually got to sit, eat, and talk.
Appreciate family conversations that I was a part of.
Yes, I admit it, I was a little turkey selfish but so what. Why does the hostess always have to slave when they can leave the slaving behind?
After dinner we had our own version of Dancing with the Stars. I have pics but I'm not posting out of consideration to the participants.
It was a really nice day but still difficult when you know that you are one person short...
and that person is sitting at a table full of angels.
It was also the beginning to a whirlwind weekend.
Friday: I went out with Mike...Why? I did not need to buy anything. My shopping was done. But I went because he wanted to and we did not last long. I don't know who was crazier, me for going out there or the other people who stayed out there!
I decided that I would rather wrap gifts and start on my Christmas cards. My cards are almost...almost...done!
Saturday: We were re-fingerprinted. One, two, three. No hassle. Hopefully the prints are acceptable and our last, I mean last I-171H will be on its way to us.
I then started my weekend road trip which included bringing my mom to my sisters, driving across upstate to my best friend's house to visit with my two best friends plus one very cute little person. I did not want to leave at the end of the night and had my coat on for an additional 30 minutes before I actually left.
Driving back was a joy since this weekend was the beginning of hunting season and every sign I passed on the highway stated "Deer Crossing".
Sunday: Observed my first snowfall for the season. We had breakfast at Donna and Shayna's IHOP, went shopping and found one beautiful dress for a very beautiful niece to wear. We then attempted to watch movies before conking out.
Monday: Drove two lucky ladies to school on the way back home, hit a bit of traffic, arrived home, was whisked away for lunch by the honey, arrived back home, started prepping for my new classes that are scheduled for next week, and here I am one way too long run-on sentence later!
Rumor Queen has been down but I finally accessed the forum and NO NEWS! Travel Approvals are on the way for the last batch of referrals which means referrals should be on their way soon.
I have photos but I just haven't had time to download them. Maybe, tomorrow but most likely Wednesday as tomorrow is.......Yoga night.....and I can't wait.....












No comments:
Post a Comment