Sunday, December 28, 2008

Twas three nights after Christmas and all thru the house

not a creature was stirring not even two cats!!! Happy Holidays everyone. It is hard to believe that Christmas is over. We had a wonderful week away and came back to a rush of things that should have been done way too many days ago on Christmas Eve. We enjoyed our trip and even saw Santa Alligator in a run-off pond alongside Walmart the day we arrived. Since he was resting and preparing for the big day we decided to steer clear....

The week went fast and I was lucky enough to visit a friend. We went to the Symphony of Lights. Christmas music is played in sync with the Christmas tree lights. It is a really neat way to catch the Christmas spirit. The plaza where it was held is surrounded by wooden rocking chairs and benches. Children and their parents, families sat on the lawn mesmerized as I was by such a beautiful sight.

Christmas Eve was spent at my sister in-law's and is always a real treat. It is a real old fashioned Italian holiday with great food, wine, and of course the main ingredient....family.

Christmas Day was spent at my brother's home and my sweet sister in-law outdid herself preparing a feast that was greatly enjoyed by all. I also had a surprise visit with my oldest niece who was visiting my sister in-law's side of the family and popped in to say hello. She is turning into quite a remarkable young woman.

My sweetheart hubby did not get to enjoy the holidays as much as I had hoped. He caught a cold while we were away. He spent Christmas Eve under the blankets at my sister in-law's and stayed home Christmas Day with a fever.

The only thing missing was a little one that I know in my heart is patiently waiting for us. Although disappointing it does help to know that we will not be apart next year.

This year was the first time I actually have video from Christmas. Unfortunately the clips were too long to download here but at least I got in some good practice. On thing I learned, do not rotate the camera when trying to film. I got so used to editing and simply rotating shots that I thought it would apply to video too. Well it doesn't. So I have some SIDEWAYS video to document our festivities. Ha!

Click on the link to see a few of my favorite photos. I tried to past the codes but ended up with someone else's photos, not good....but the link works just fine :)

Christmas 2008

No comments: