Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Nineteen Month LID-versary


Nineteen Things that I discovered, attended, learned to do or happened while waiting for you:

1. We lost your Grandpa
2. Great Friends
3. Family Secret Pals
4. Addy was born
5. Auntie Jen and Uncle Mike are expecting
6. Phoebe & Camie & Andrew joined their Forever Families
7. Taggie Blankets, Quilting, and Pillowcase Dresses
8. I retired
9. I started teaching
10. I lost over twenty pounds
11. I read over twenty books
12. Yoga & Meditation
13. Yahoo Groups and Adoption Forums
14. Families with Children from China
15. Long Walks
16. Scrapbooking
17. Adoption Conference
18. Renewed our Homestudy and I171H
19. Patience

** I know that there were many more things that happened, good things, bad things, and so-so things. These were the ones that stood out, that popped into my head while I was trying to figure out how to celebrate this long and dreadful wait, trying to figure out what to post on another month passed. If I had the chance to tell our little one a few things about this wait, this is what I would say:

I have learned so much about myself, my friends, and my family these past nineteen months. I learned how lucky I am, how lucky you will be to have them to support you just like they supported me. I learned that as hard as it is to wait for you it is worth every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year. I learned that I can be patient even when I reach a point that I think I can not wait any longer. And most of all I learned that Family is everything to me and that the definition of family changes everyday just like we do as people. I feel you in my heart everyday and I just can't wait to meet you.


A special thank you to all that have supported us. We couldn't have done it without you. Happy LID-versary to all of you special LID-versary people. You know who you are!

No comments: