Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The stork is in the air!


My very close friend and waiting mom received her referral for a son from Vietnam. It meant so much that she shared her news with me today. There are no two people more deserving of happiness then her and her husband. It is bittersweet news as she started an adoption in China after me. I understand totally. With China taking three to four months and even longer to get thru one month of log-in dates, her wait may end up being 18 months longer than our wait. We thought about Vietnam but my heart was over in China and I did not have the emotional courage to start another adoption. She is a lot braver than I am in that area and has been thru so much to get to TODAY. Now she is going to rely on that courage even more. Vietnamese adoptions are different from China. She is going to have to wait three to four months to travel. Now that is HARD! I wish I had more to share but Hey! she had a lot more phone calls to make. It is her moment to shine. I just can't wait to see the pictures and hear more! Lucky for me we made plans last week to go out to dinner Friday! I can't wait to go shopping!

No comments: