Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday musings...Burr its cold...

Burr....it is really cold outside. Today, I really didn't want to get up. I was nice and comfy under the covers but the hubby had other plans...sigh...

So up I went into a hot shower, dressed in split seconds, ate breakfast and then...put on my new hat, and the scarf my Grandma knitted for me. Somehow wearing that scarf brought her back, made me feel warm and safe...and the weather didn't seem so bad. Although Mike said I looked like I was wearing an Easter Bonnet and repeatedly wished me a Happy Easter! Urgh! Men!

Quick errand to buy a certain someone a gift. How I love to shop. What's better I didn't have to gift wrap it was done for me. Cool!

Off to the mall to walk where I stopped at every baby store. (Nesting, I know...). Bought another baby hat. Really cute, purple with different colored flowers. I think my little one is going to have quite the hat collection.

Quick stop to pick up my really cool ear phones which allow me to hear nothing but the CD I am playing...surround sound...even better.

Home for lunch...quick visit to Rumor Queen , no news...graded some classes...listened to my Chinese lullabies CD...almost finished my Chinese Province scrapbook (only took three years!). Realized I did not have enough scrapbook loading pages and had to stop...

Visited some friends on Facebook. Then off to dinner.

I have been counting calories and knew that when I went out I was going to be in a lot of trouble.

Well I can't eat for the next two days just to catch up.

I am only about ONE THOUSAND calories over...not bad. It could have been worse.

Accomplished another mini-goal of setting up a new address book. Now all I have to do is transfer birthdays and anniversaries.

I have listened to the first Chinese language CD of a set my sister gave me and still haven't absorbed it. I've listened to it three times...

How sad...

I may be absorbing it subconsciously. At least I am going with that idea for now.

My sister and two nieces are way ahead in their lessons and I'm the one traveling to China. Oh! my! Better get my act together.

Its the little things that get your thru the day...

No comments: