Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Musings...

Today I am choosing to focus on the positive, the things I can change, and the things that make me happy. We are finally in March so I know no matter how long it takes that I am not that far away. We will be seeing our child's face soon. I wonder what she looks like, what she likes, what makes her happy, and what makes her belly laugh. I am amazed that I have gotten this far and that I am still somewhat calm although I do have moments that move from sheer happiness, sadness, excitement, nervousness, and nothingness. I know that it will no longer matter once I have my child in my arms, when I can look her in the eyes and love her for just being...herself.

This week was actually a pretty busy one. I finished a few projects, got back on track with walking although I went out to eat a few times and had to enter OOC (out of control) in my calorie counter book because I really did not know how many calories I rang up:) I also finished a few scrap booking projects.

The dining-room table is still not back, I am still working on other projects.

My China Province/United States Good Wishes Book

Thursday I went out to eat with two girlfriends, one who is waiting and one that has been home for almost two and half years. We celebrated Chinese New Year a little early with great food and conversation.
Maria and I before we went to get our "Zen" on!

Saturday, my best friend drove out and we had lunch out and caught up. We have known each other since we were sixteen years old and even though we have headed in separate directions somehow we always know where the other is, can finish each other's sentences, and think the same thoughts. There are very few people that I can open up to and say anything that comes to mind. She is one of those rare souls that has the ability to listen, is not judgemental, and encourages me in everything that I do. I am blessed to have her in my life. So in a week of disappointment I have found the good in life. Thank you God for blessing me with such fortune!

No comments: