Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Other news

We got our VISA's today! Hooray! We have officially been granted permission to leave and go to China. Now we just need our travel approval, provincial appointment, and consulate appointment and we are good to go! There is something so official about seeing our VISA's for the first time.

I spoke with my agency rep. today and SURPRISE we have tentative travel dates.

If we can get all of the appointments scheduled we will be leaving as early as 6/26 and getting little Annie Yan Ai on 6/28. I can't believe it! My agency is optimistic that our travel approval is going to arrive this week.

We also attended a travel consultation, got our first Hep A shot, and are continuing to gather and prepare for our trip of a lifetime.


4 comments:

Moosevine said...

Woo-hoo! I remember being terriby excited to have tentative travel dates, and when all the appointments were made, the tentative dates were pretty dead-on. It's like you have an actual bullseye to aim at now. Yay!

Sue G said...

Oh my goodness, this is just awesome!! So happy and excited for you both. I know you're busy but we may need one more StarBucks run before you go ;-).

Love,
Sue

One Happy Momma said...

Well it looks like we'll be missing each other in China. :(

We won't be traveling until July.

But none-the-less, I am so very excited for you and Mike! :)

So close now!!!

Hugs and love - Cathy

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

I wanted to finally drop in and say "Ni Hao." I have been following your blog a little before you were finally matched. I am so excited for you. Your arms will stop aching the moment you get to hold your baby girl for the very first time. I am praying for your TA to arrive this week. I'm a proud mama to a Jiangxi girl. I cannot wait to follow your journey to China and most certainly cannot wait to see pics. of gotcha day.