Thursday, April 23, 2009

20 Days closer!


I'm twenty days closer to our child and somehow counting the days forward rather than the days behind me has made the last couple of weeks easier. I have also been fortunate to have the support of my family and friends.

I am thinking more about the things that I need to do and actually working towards completing it.

I am also thinking more about the actual trip, our first meeting with our child, and how to handle just being a first time mom. It is very overwhelming and yet I don't feel overwhelmed. When I think of our child I am at peace and feel a sense of calm.

It is difficult to think that although I love this child of my heart, I do not know what I will feel that first day, I know that meeting our child's needs is the priority. Our child needs to know that we are there, totally, as in forever.

I have to let what will be...be.

For a person who is not a "planner" or a "list-maker" I am thinking ahead and wish I knew more.

Now to get the lists down on paper!







Photobucket

No comments: