Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Diaper bags and other things....

I've been spending time trying to figure out which diaper bag is best. Which is best? Does anyone know? I certainly do not! The problem is I am not sure what exactly I should be looking for. I know I want these options:

1. Changing bag
2. Insulated cooler bag
3. Mini-bag included
4. Room for bottles
5. Compartment for diapers, ointment, change of clothes
6. Compartment for keys and wallet

Is there anything else I should be looking for in a diaper bag?

I like the messenger bag look as well as the backpack look. It is very hard to decide which I like best. The messenger bag will slide on to a stroller nicely but I'm not sure how that would work with a baby bjorn? Not well...I suppose...

The backpack will work well with all the walking we plan on doing...

I plan on using it as my purse (Ha!) when we travel. I have a little time to decide I guess but this is not a major decision, I should be able to DECIDE ya think?

I also spent some time working on getting a few FREE, absolutely FREE, diaper bags. So far I have one coming from Similac and Nestles. The Nestles bag looks really cool online but sadly there are none available (it was the messenger look of course!), so they will be sending me a Gerber diaper bag. I registered with Enfamil but we'll see if they honor adoptive moms with their offer. The freebies also include some other free stuff depending on the brand, coupons (Yes!), and samples.

I wonder how long it will take to get here?

I love surprises, so diaper bags surprise away!

On the wait front, no NEW news, still waiting. I figure we should start hearing rumors at the end of next week or the last week of April. I'm trying to continue to stay calm, counting my jellybeans, and enjoying keeping up with my friend Jackie who just received her beautiful daughter Melina in China this past Easter.

I had a great weekend at my sister's. I really enjoyed my visit, the movie date I had with my sweet niece as well as the time spent with my older niece. They grow up so FAST. I also enjoyed spending time with my sister and seeing my bestfriend who recently bought a house not far from my sister's home. The icing on the cake was celebrating my Mom's birthday. I did threaten to post her Happy Birthday video but decided in the best interests of you, my blogging friends, not to post it. We have many singing lessons to take before any can be viewed as SAFE for listening ears!

I have been continuing to work on unfinished projects and hope to have some worthy of posting here by the end of next week. In the meantime, life is good, and I have lot to be grateful for. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hi Kim,
I loved my Sherpa back pack diaper bag. I always find backpack type bags way more convenient. Sounds like the Sherpa has a lot of what you want. I loved it.
http://www.babysherpa.com/
Michele