Well we are finally done with our Hep B shots! Woohoo! We also got our Tetanus shots today as well. All we have left are the Hep A. We will be getting the first shot when we have our travel prep consultation. It is harder to get the Hep A than it is the other immunizations because it is not readily available. There are combination Hep A & B shots, unfortunately we found out about those too late. For the first time we discussed reviewing the medical with our family doctor as well as the adoption in more detail. It felt good to do so. Although we don't have an exact timeline, our agency feels pretty confident that we will be matched with the next group. I say confident because I am guarding my heart. I do not want to be disappointed again...so until it really happens...I'm going to stay as low key as possible.
Is it possible that we will be matched earlier? It is possible but in my mind unlikely.
We do have a better understanding of what occurred but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. Mistakes happen and families get disappointed. It happens...you move on...past the hurt...to tomorrow and sunnier days.












No comments:
Post a Comment