Thursday, April 30, 2009

Conflicting Stories

This is what I do know

NOTHING......

more than I thought I knew earlier today.

My agency sent two emails, one stating that the CCAA is still matching and they expect referrals to be mailed out once matching has been completed/approved.

I emailed back and asked for clarification on travel.

My agency emailed me back and basically stated that travel will not be suspended.

If we would like to delay travel upon receipt of our referral we may do so. Travel approvals have been extended for an additional two months. (Moot point since we don't have our referral yet and the CCAA only discussed travel approvals dated up to today.)

If we would like to travel within the usual time-span of 5-8 weeks that was fine as well. (Second moot point.)

Of course, we would have to follow the rules or guidelines as established by China and if we should get sick seek medical attention right away.

Sigh...

That last one was a no-brainer, ya think?

Again, other families are getting different information. It is all over the place. I do not think anyone really knows for sure. Families who are set to travel within the next few days are going forward. Everyone else who is waiting for travel approvals and referrals is in a holding pattern, waiting...waiting...for someone to finally clear it all up.

The CCAA is closed today, right now, (it is Friday in China and a holiday) and will be back to work on Monday.

Another long weekend of not knowing...

I'm dreading the worst case scenario and hoping for the best.


Photobucket

No comments: